- Los Angeles, CA
I make ideas easily digestible. Like Tums® for your brain.
Before I got into copywriting and content marketing, I tried every other marketing job I could find.
Email Marketing Manager
Social Media Analyst
It took some time to get here. But it wasn’t long before I saw the value in what I had learned.
I learned how to test, break, and rebuild on email. To choose sentiment over likes on social, voice over keywords on web, and clear over clever on everything. I learned that successful brands never stop adding value to their customer's lives.
My experience helps me see the whole picture. So when you hand me a brief of your next project, I'll start from the bird’s eye, then aim for the heart of your customers.
Like the work? Click Contact and drop me a line.
Storytelling in Advertising at D&AD
June 2016 – July 2016 Online
The course sets out to show writers how to engage audiences through story – everything from crafting a narrative to using digital.
Advertising Portfolio School at LA Creative School
September 2015 – Present Los Angeles, CA
With a focus on creating brave work, LA Creative offers a cross disciplinary curriculum for copywriters and art directors alike.
Improv 101 at Upright Citizens Brigade
April 2015 – June 2015 Hollywood, CA
- To fall on your face and be sort of okay with it
- To feed your creative partners with positivity and support
- To take what you have and run with it
Advertising Portfolio School at The Book Shop – School for Ads
January 2015 – August 2015 Los Angeles, CA
Award-winning advertising portfolio workshop for copywriters and art directors.
BA - Communications at University of California - San Diego
09/2009 – 06/2011 La Jolla, CA
Graduated with Honors
Member of Triton Consulting Group, Member of Undergraduate Communications Society
Content Marketing Manager at Online Trading Academy
Jan 2018 – Present Irvine, CA
It takes a lot to master the skill of trading and investing. It takes patience, consistency, strategy, tools, and a game plan. You get that with Online Trading Academy. Plus the village it takes to support you in your financial journey ahead. As Content Marketing Manager, I worked to:
• Rebrand OTA’s homepage and landing pages with fresh copy, design and video content
• Develop ad campaigns for OTA Real Estate with creative team
• Write banner, video, and native ads for social, direct mail, print, radio, search, and partner sites
• Assist email team reach 40% growth success YOY with content strategy and copy
• Create content marketing kits tailormade to audience and market movement to entice prospects to attend a class
Freelance Copywriter at The Proactiv Company
March 2017 – September 2017 El Segundo, CA
When the biggest thing to happen to over-the-counter acne treatment in 30 years arrives, the biggest name in acne treatment steps in. To launch ProactivMD with Adapalene, I helped concept and write:
• Facebook Canvas & Carousel ads for Proactiv’s newest product line
• Print and digital banner ad copy for Ulta Beauty Conference
• Direct-response emails for lead gen, winback, and acquisition channels
Freelance Copywriter at Oxford Road
May 2016 – Present Los Angeles, CA
With Oxford Road’s unique analytics-based Audiolytics™ system and SCOUR (Sprawling Copy Optimization Umbrella Research), I craft scripts using ad components that resonates deeply with the target audience. In simple terms, Oxford Road has advertising down to a science – and it works. Thus far, I’ve been able to:
• Create scripts for Framebridge, Beepi, and Blinds.com radio spots
Freelance Copywriter at HEILBrice
May 2016 – May 2016 Irvine, CA
On short assignment, I was brought in as Copywriter to work on several clients, including Smart & Final, Click Content Creator, Citadel Outlets, and Outlets at San Clemente. The work involved:
• Drafting scripts for Smart & Final :30 radio spots & Click Content Creator demo video
• Producing copy for print signage and online headers for Outlets at San Clemente and Citadel Outlets
• Penning blog posts for HEILBrice website on the latest trends in advertising and tech
Freelance Copywriter at The Woo Agency
Oct. 2015 – April 2016 Culver City, CA
No easy task, the agency had the challenge of creating a revolutionary branded experience in gaming with the most popular personal computer company in the world. We created Game State – a crowdsourced game development by a talented team of ex-Blizzard veterans who were looking to break new ground in indie gaming. As Copywriter, I was able to:
• Compose copy for Lenovo Gaming’s highly successful brand campaign called Game State, including manifestos, online banners, email campaigns, web, scripts, and talking points for Influencers from Twitch, Machinima, Rooster Teeth, Geek & Sundry, Nerdist, and IGN.com
• Produce content for Lenovo Gaming social channels, increasing following exponentially on Twitter (+72%), Facebook (+90%), and Instagram (+90%)
• Proofread and edit new business pitch decks to maintain superlative standards set by the agency
Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Trojan Battery Company
February 2012 – May 2015 Santa Fe Springs, CA
Functioning as Coordinator for the Sales and Marketing departments, my role supports burgeoning markets by developing communication channels throughout the company and its B2B partners. With this, I have succeeded in:
• Producing content for eBlasts and Newsletters using Constant Contact for both internal and external messaging, yielding an above industry average Open Rate of 48.1%
• Improving SEO initiatives by implementing Site Links within Google AdWords, resulting in over 28,000 Clicks and 50,000 Impressions to our website with an avg. CTR of 5.44%, as well as establishing Google Suppliers – a Google beta search engine website
• Evolving Trojan Battery’s social media plan for Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and LinkedIn, aggregating 778% growth in Fans on Facebook and increasing Reach by 160% with more engaging posts, links, videos and photos
• Creating bilingual brochures, eBlasts, flyers, banner stands and promotional items for company wellness program with graphics team
Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator at A-1 Domestic Professional Services, Inc.
August 2011 – January 2012 Santa Fe Springs, CA
The duties as Marketing & PR Coordinator at A-1 Domestic, a Caregiver Agency that hires Home Care Professionals to service seniors and children, involve promoting the company through trade schools, job fairs, rehabilitation centers and content writing. As such, I have had the opportunity to:
• Recruit over 65 Certified Nurse Assistants and Medical Assistants at trade schools and job fairs across Southern California
• Negotiate clients from rehabilitative facilities towards full-time homecare for accounts worth over $50,000 annually
• Revitalize content writing for over 20 websites through SEM & SEO techniques resulting in an 80% growth rate
• Direct and edit video testimonials from clients & caregivers and act in promotional videos for use on Youtube
Project Manager/Tech Blog Writer at IntegralCom
June 2010 – September 2010 Madrid, Spain
As Project Manager at IntegralCom, a Spanish web agency and consultancy firm, I spearheaded the social media websites that relayed its message to a new, international audience and created articles for ReadWriteWeb.es as a tech blog writer. My experiences allowed me to:
• Author articles in Spanish for the 11th most prominent technology blog in Spanish-speaking countries
• Expand ReadWriteWeb’s reaches by setting up advertising channels in Europe and the Americas
• Present and execute market research strategies bilingually, influencing a 65% growth in Facebook fans and an additional 70% increase in Twitter Followers
Marketing Intern at Active Network
March 2010 – June 2010 San Diego, CA
My work with Active, the leading online community for interaction, registration, and search of all things sports, as Marketing Intern fully developed my knowledge of new media and provided me with the resources to equate a metric that best identifies the prime time for Facebook and Twitter activity, estimating for a 30% increase in profit margin for product advertisements. Other projects included:
• Providing support with research and analysis of sports participant data and trends in vertical markets
• Utilizing specialized social media websites such as Sendible and SocialOomph for optimum relay of posts and to better understand consumer demographics
• Coordinating projects in campaign management and account positioning
Marketing Administrator at Mitratech
July 2008 – September 2008 Los Angeles, CA
Interning at Mitratech, a legal matter management software production company, for two summers as Marketing Administrator introduced me to a creative environment and propelled me to develop solutions for administrative tasks. My work enabled me to:
• Contact Fortune 500 companies for product evaluations for TeamConnect legal matter management software
• Manage our online database using social networks and business directory websites such as Jigsaw, Hoovers and eDirectory
• Design monthly newsletters using Constant Contact for events, sales and company happenings
Undergraduate Research Award Nominee, University of California – San Diego
My senior thesis analyzed the language surrounding a protest against a Muslim fundraiser in Yorba Linda, CA.